Independent and comprehensive coal data from GFI, Risk Magazine's No. 1 Energy & Commodity Broker 2010.
Why GFI for Coal Data?
- Award-winning energy & commodity brokers.
- Coal in all major EU markets.
- Comprehensive daily executable prices from EnergyMatch Europe, GFI's online energy trading platform.
A CLOSER LOOK
GFI Market Data offers comprehensive coverage of the European coal market, which includes key delivery locations in the Netherlands and South Africa.
Some Key Facts
- European Coal contracts are definded through the combination of product, (API 2 ans API 4) delivery period and delivery location (Netherlands and South Africa).
- Historical data to November 2005.
- Coal contracts are swaps, although they are displayed like forwards, i.e. prices and trades refer to a future physical delivery of the asset.
- All of GFI’s European energy prices and trades in the data feed are electronically generated by traders or by GFI brokers on behalf of traders.
- GFI generates a CSV file that is available each night on its FTP site for customers to download. GFI also offers a 5-min delayed feed from its multi-vendor contribution platform, via a leased line connection to a market standard distribution system.