GFI provides leading execution services in physical, financial and option contracts for a variety of European and Asian coal markets.
GFI was pleased to be recognized in Energy Risk’s 2015 rankings as No.1 European Coal Broker.
Why GFI for Coal Data?
- Award-winning energy & commodity brokers.
- Coal in all major EU markets.
- Comprehensive daily executable prices from EnergyMatch Europe, GFI's online energy trading platform.
A CLOSER LOOK
GFI Market Data offers comprehensive coverage of the European coal market, which includes key delivery locations in the Netherlands and South Africa.
Some Key Facts
- European Coal contracts are defined through the combination of product, (API2, API4, API5, API8 Newcastle and Indo SUB) delivery period and delivery location (Netherlands and South Africa).
- Historical data to November 2005.
- Coal contracts are swaps, although they are displayed like forwards, i.e. prices and trades refer to a future physical delivery of the asset.
- All of GFI’s European energy prices and trades in the data feed are electronically generated by traders or by GFI brokers on behalf of traders.
- GFI generates an intraday & end of day CSV file daily that is available on its FTP site for customers to download. GFI also offers a 5-min delayed feed from its multi-vendor contribution platform, via a leased line connection to a market standard distribution system.
+65 6632 3851
+81 3 4580 2346
+1 212 968 2049
Michael Galione (Energy)
+1 212 968 2027
+1 212 829 4806
Michael Morris (Partnerships)
+1 212 968 4123
+44 20 7877 8042
+44 20 7894 7276
Paul Sinden (Energy)
+44 20 7422 1048